Skip to content

I see dead people

LIVE CODE HERE

 

Halloween is here. So is the video and sound assignment. As always, it took some time for inspiration to strike, so I decided to just start playing with the examples provided and see if something would come up.

While playing around with some of the cameras examples, I started messing with the filters you can put on them, and layering some on top of each other. I stumbled upon a mix that I liked that made it look like people were ghosts and voila! my idea was born. Making ghoulish versions of people just in time for Halloween.

The camera and filter aspects were done, so I moved on to the sound. The examples for this week were very thorough, so I followed some of the sound ones and managed to link my mic and its levels to triggering the camera to take a picture.

With the camera and sound portions done, I decided to open a new sketch and work on the front part of the sketch–the one leading up to the camera/sound interaction– in order to keep it simple and not mess around with my code. For some reason, I hit a wall trying to cycle through an array of text. I tried the text function, then moved on to the DOM, and then back to the text function after I realized I was overcomplicating things way too much.
Once I figured that out, I probably spent a good chunk of time trying to move the actual text box to no avail. I moved it from draw, to setup, to inside functions. Changed parameters, trying iterating things in different way but I couldn’t get it to work.

Finally, I decided to leave it as is. I was actually happy with the fact that the bones of it worked, and it was a matter of styling that I was getting hung up on.

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 11.58.57 AM

The code:

 

 

 

Published inICM

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *