It has begun. Assignment 1 of readymades is complete and I haven’t even been to the first class!
From what I understood from the syllabus, we needed to create an assisted readymade–a surreal object created from found objects that transforms or subverts the original use of intention of these found objects.
I partnered with Chino, and we raided the junk shelf. We found a broken soldering iron, and a planet maker kit that felt would be perfect for this project.
After brainstorming for a while, we decided turn these objects into an electronic maraca. We put them together, shot our infomercial, edited, and Ta-da! Final product below.